The objectives of the Marshall Middle School Parent Teacher Organization are:
- To promote the mission of Thurgood Marshall School.
- To increase parental awareness of school policy, direction, goals and procedures in order to improve parent, teacher and student communication.
- To promote positive programs that will include teachers, students and parents for the purpose of establishing closer relationships between home and school
- Where possible, to raise funds in order to provide needed additional materials or services to the school for the betterment of students and teachers.
- To promote the authenticity of the Gifted Academy at Thurgood Marshall School by adhering to the integrity of the program's philosophy.